Scene 1: Auto is speeding down road

Scene 2: A puppy runs across the road

Scene 3: Auto driver manages to avoid hitting the puppy by a hair's width

Scene 4: Two adult members of the puppy’s family bark loudly and chase the auto

I watched the last scene with amusement. This is not a scene from any movie (not “Roadside Romeo”) or serial. This is a scene from life. I saw it as I was walking to office from the Mandaveli station. I know the dogs’ behaviour may not be uncommon, but still it is interesting to watch.

As I was moving down the road, I glimpsed an old abandoned car nearby, under which there were four irresistibly cute puppies. As I walked further down, I noticed the auto chasers walking in a line – a perfect ‘march past’ line, along with a third dog that was a bit smaller than them. It somehow symbolized the strong family bond the doggies had. To sum things up, for me the doggy incident was a nice experience that broke the monotony in my weekday mornings.

No comments: