My 8.11.2008

Last Saturday I would’ve walked for more than an hour. I walked from home to Velachery station – 15 mins, and then from Indira Nagar station to Kasturba Nagar station – 7 mins. After that I walked in Theosophical Society with a friend for 35-40 mins. Then I saw him off at the Besant Nagar terminus, and walked to Eliot’s beach. From there I walked to the Besi Fruit Shop on Greams Road where I met a friend.

Along the way I had real fun… I got an eyeful of nature in Theosophical Society, and of an array of coloured bead necklaces at a gypsy jewellery stall in Besant Nagar. I enthusiastically captured the beads on camera, and showed the photo to the happy gypsy. I then made my umpteenth gypsy jewellery purchase as a token of thanks.

I also surrendered my senses to the Besi beach breeze. The wind made a mighty effort to make my hair stick out in all directions, and I didn’t fight. Thanks to my ever-present hairpins, the wind didn’t do a perfect job, but of course I had a great experience.

The walking made my feet scratchy and painful. My sandals had grooved insoles – I guess that was the reason. But despite that I had a great time, and got good exercise. Maybe I should make outings like this an essential part of my weekends.

2 comments:

Anil Sawan said...

maybe you could spend on a good running shoes if you are planing to make it a practice. You dont wana end your walks on a painful note, do u? :-)

Niranjani Ravi said...

I have walking shoes. I guess I'll wear them next time.