Friendship Day with my best friends – N & Choco lava cake ;-)


This year, Friendship Day was filled with my favorite things. I met my friend N, who gave me his wedding invitation. We met up at Coffee Day Lounge, on Khader Nawaz Khan Road, which, I am sure, if I visit a couple more times, will become my favorite place. The two of us indulged in an activity we love – eating chocolate cake ;-). Well, these lovely creations deserve not just appreciation, but devotion, which is what we chocoholics are there for.

Last Sunday, at the exact same time, I was there at CCD lounge, eating the same choco lava cake with vanilla ice cream on top (it was so delicious that it inspired me to write a blog post on the choco-vanilla romance). This time, I chose Arctic Sun – a black coffee-vanilla ice cream blend. The waiter poured black coffee from a miniature jug, and left some on the table. The vanilla ice cream laced with espresso tasted unique, but when I put in the straw, a way-too-strong taste of choco syrup and black coffee hit me and there was little of it – it seemed to disappear before I sipped it. My Arctic Sun sank pitifully, in a dark sea.

Meanwhile the choco lava cake that my friend ordered arrived, and he simply loved it. I decided to order one too, as a consolation. I began eating only after taking a few pictures of it, and it thanked me by turning out to be absolutely divine. My friend liked the cake so much that he went in for a second one (can forgive him because he claimed that he ate chocolate last only on July 3rd). Also it costs around 240 bucks at Sandy’s (where they put the ice cream on the side instead of the top), so I guess he derived great satisfaction from ordering 2 here (about Rs. 100 at CCD Lounge and totally worth it). I supported his decision wholeheartedly.

We walked out into a pleasant evening with happy smiles on our faces. It’s sad that I won’t be able to meet him again for the next 2 months perhaps, but I was very happy that we got to meet on Friendship Day. I wished him all the best for his life ahead and we said our goodbyes.

Then I went home. It was a pleasant ride, with relatively less traffic. It got a bit cloudy but light rain came down only after I reached home.

All in all, a lovely Friendship Day with a combo of all things that make me happy. Now I am gonna end it beautifully by watching Desperado (which is not friendship-themed, but still, has Antonio Banderas & Salma Hayek). Ciao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was just an awesome time and I would like to say that the only person who wished me and the only person I wished for the day is you Niru!

It was a unforgettable friendship day!

And I like the name N!

Niranjani Ravi said...

Tanx N :-).. such sweet words. U know, I cannot track the growth of our friendship, it seems as if it was always there. Is that called timelessness? :-) A joy to be your friend!