Friendship, coffee, smiles, hugs, rain… I want to experience everything again!


I had the good day, but the best part of it was the evening that followed.

My friend S messaged me suggesting that we meet at Coffee Day in the evening. Another friend and
ex-colleague A, who is really hard to pin down, was able to come – he had a holiday for Bakrid.
I think I met him after nearly 8 months.

We ordered cappuccinos and choco cake & chattered, cracked jokes and clicked pics :-). The evening was total fun. We spent a couple of hours, but I wish the evening had lasted a little longer. No amount of time is enough when you’re out with friends.

S indulged in choco cake – she doesn’t have a particular preference for it, but today she had a good go at it – I guess my choc-craze rubbed off on her (good habit! I hope it continues). She also clicked a pic of my special smile that I reserve only for desserts :-).

A was his usual funny self. Cinematic dialogues, Nambiar smiles, funny jokes, et al. That was a wonderful antidote after a tense (but good) day.

Then sadness took over me. I was gonna miss my friends :-(. I won’t be able to meet A much. S is leaving Chennai soon. I gave her a hug – it can express so much, that you can’t say in words. I am an advocate of hugging.

I headed home, traversing rain slicked roads, splashy puddles, getting muddy water on my arms, but I didn’t mind much today :-). It started raining on the way and I decided to get soaked (even though I had a raincoat in the seat compartment). Thanks to my great mood, it was complete bliss. Now the rain will be glad that I really enjoyed it :-) (Also I had fun kick starting my scooter today after 2 years – really, yes – the self starter let out a “busss…” sound of resignation in the morning).

I decided to skip the torturous Vijaynagar signal in Velachery (lest it spoiled my good mood) and took a tiny dark lane that was full of enormous puddles and manholes. I carefully followed the scooter in front of me, to make sure I took a path that would keep me safe from the manholes and wouldn’t make my vehicle shake and make me put my feet in the water – for my day began with one such incident).

It was a great evening and ended with this wonderful blog entry. I hope the mood carries on throughout the week. Thank you, dear friends and Coffee Day!  :-)

4 comments:

Alin said...

oh i want it again too. and again and again :P
sans the sad feelings though

Natarajamani said...

I just missed it!
Awaiting the next meet!!!
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Unknown said...

Hmm.. ur writing style is becoming good in each post!..
did u used to read meenakshee's compulsive confessor? her 2nd book is also getting good response.
i think u can also giv a try! :)

btw, me left chennai and now in delhi... aftr reading this, i think i missed meeting u :P..

Niranjani Ravi said...

@Sneha: yeah, we should make time for such outings. I hope to see more of Amal at least

@Nattu.... you missed some real fun stuff :-(

@Ifthikar

How're u doing? Thanks for visiting my blog after long. Yeah, I read Meenakshi's blog often and have heard about her 2nd book, but heard the books aren't that great (and I read some of the best chick lit - her genre - so I don't want to read her stuff and sit & compare it to the best :-( )

About me writing my own book - sweet of u to suggest that. I did start on my "autobiography" but got a bit bored, lol. If I start writing one, I wanna do something crazy and funny.

I do wish we'd met up in Chennai..