Jai Anjaneya :-)

Anjaneya (I fondly refer to him as Anju) has become my favorite God. Why is he my favorite? Because I believe I share “friendship” with him as a result of bhakti not inculcated by the fear of God, or the habit of going to the temple every week.

My friendship with Anju began when I visited a josiyar near Anju’s temple in Mandaveli. I visited the temple for the first time, after the visit.

A couple of months later, I had a sudden urge to visit the temple. I went there from office and bought a Tulsi mala for Anjaneya.

Since then, it’s become my favourite temple. I have not been able to visit regularly; but it is a place where I have truly been able to connect to God. I pray for the people I love, for good things to happen to them and me, why, I even prayed fervently for CSK to win the 2010 semifinal and final (seriously). And I try to grab as much of God’s attention as I can – some josiyar apparently said that it was good for me to receive “Anjaneyar parvai” so I try to get his blessings by staying in his full view for at least a few seconds without anyone blocking mine (while I block theirs). And the priests there remember me, smile when I hand them a Tulsi mala (I offer a mala during each visit). I know that their blessings are with me too.

There’s always someone or something you follow – a force that influences you, calms you… whether it is God, a particular shrine or solely your self-belief. Whatever they may be, they build faith, motivate you, infuse positivity, happiness and help you improve your life.

No comments: