Original Sin

I have always wondered but never questioned (you don’t ask questions while eating chocolate) why chocolate desserts are advertised as “sinful” but are only a source of child-like happiness & how that is even related to sinning.

The revelation happened at Sandy’s Chocolate Laboratory.

What I had made Death by Chocolate ancient. I almost died of happiness and was catapulted straight to heaven. I had Yin and Yang, a combo of molten white and dark chocolate. They call it “chocolate potion” and it was truly like a magic potion.

And enjoying it was every inch a devilish sin! Yes, I found the true meaning of committing a sin by eating that potion. I got really high (serious, with goose bumps and all!). Though I am a diehard chocoholic, I’d never discovered nirvana this way. I got a huge kick; an overdose of happiness yes, but it was accompanied by the feeling of having experienced something I was completely forbidden from doing. “I feel like I’ve just killed a person,” I told my friend jokingly.

I half-stumbled out in a happy daze. I was really glad my friend took me to office on his bike, because I doubt I’d have been able to ride mine with concentration.

Now, Sandy’s Chocolab is constantly on my mind. I’m itching to commit more sins. Hopefully, I’ll be going there again today.

Ok, here’s information that, according to me, doesn’t fit into an article on sinning, but I gotta say it anyway: Sandy’s has a range of desserts, cakes and chocolate creations to turn saints into sinners. Most of the desserts and potions are between Rs.80-200. A couple are priced very high. There’s one that’s actually called OMFG (the price is OMFG too – nearly 700 bucks; but it’s enough for more than 3 people, I heard.)

Sandy’s also has sausages, meat, hash browns, waffles, pancakes, panini and more. The meat hovers between affordable and expensive, at around Rs. 160. The cake slices start at around Rs.130 and go sky high - upto Rs.220-240 apiece (yeah, unheard of).

So, go commit a few sins with their potions and desserts! Bring out the devil in you!

Sandy’s is in RA Puram, on the lane behind Madras ENT Research Foundation, close to Cream Center (have dinner there and dessert here!). The lane is off Greenways Road, near the signal before St. Mary’s Road… blah blah, ok if you don’t understand, sorry. I’m bad at giving directions :-P. Check out Google Maps.

1 comment:

Alin said...

actually feeling bad that i missed the chocolate potion. but somehow that walk took away my chocolate craving..

ended up having jus the potato soup, thats nice too..