I have grown up with Archie Comics. I got my first two when I was in 1st or 2nd standard. From the American Bookstore in Mount Road. On the way back home from an eye test. I remember well :-). Then my father’s friend’s daughter borrowed one of them and never returned it to me. Grrrrr… (And of course I hate people who don’t bother to return stuff.)

Every Archie story brings a smile to my face. Why? Archie comics employ classic humour situations.

Archie is caught between 2 girls. Both have opposite personalities. Now it is sad that he’s going to get married :-(.

Archie has a way of almost always getting into trouble. When he is holding a can of paint you can predict what’ll happen next. But there is a clever, intelligent side to Archie.

Chemistry and Archie is an equation that spells danger with a capital D. Explosions always happen in the chemistry lab stories.

Jughead is a woman hater. And we have a girl who’ll never give up on him.

Archie is always late for school, and ends up in detention.

Veronica blows too much money and gets into trouble with Daddy.

Moose can break bones but lacks brains.

Dilton looks like a kid next to Moose but is all-brain.

I think there are more classic situations. After reading so many Archie Comics, I feel sad to think I could recollect only this.

To entertain you a little more…

An Archie story goes like this:
Archie is watering a plant with a hosepipe. Suddenly the water stops coming. Weatherbee passes by, and stops to find out why the water is not coming. It decides to flow out when he’s holding it front of his face.

Archie gets detention. While Weatherbee goes back and sees if the hose pipe actually has a problem… just as the water gushes out, the Superintendent of schools gets in the way. The story ends with Weatherbee joining Archie in the detention room.

Archie comics are a favourite around the world. But the old ones are better than the new ones. Eshwari lending library sells them at its main branch. You’ll find a lot of old Archies there.


I must mention my favourite characters….

Juggie – he is actually pretty desirable… purely because he hates women.
Veronica – I’d like to be as mean as her and have as much money. I don’t want to be a nice girl. Besides, she always gets the guys she wants.
Hot Dog – Smart dog!
Mr. Weatherbee

This article is yet to be completed….

No comments: