Great Dessert Destinations 3

Mansukh’s

Located in a lane near Venkatnarayana Road, Mansukh’s is a Gujarati eatery and sweet shop. Their Basundhi is out of this world! Their Gulab Jamun is delicious too.

Eden

Located at Harrisons, Nungambakkam (and also at Besant Nagar).

Eden has an amazing dessert called Streaky Kahlua – choco-coffee ice cream that’ll make you go Wow… it tastes absolutely heavenly!
Some of the desserts have very interesting names… Sample this – The Last time I ever saw my Waist – a dessert with lots of chocolate.
The have something called Orangeboom, which combines chocolate and orange flavours… but I didn’t get to try it. The dessert is seasonal, as can be expected.

Make a reservation and go. The place is likely to be crowded.

Arun Unlimited

One afternoon I was out to lunch with colleagues, at Dhaba Express. The food took forever to arrive. So I sms-ed my friend. And found that he was hogging away on something called Swiss Chocoslab at Arun Unlimited. I am crazy about chocolate (It is an urge you know, not a result of gluttony – never ask questions when women have sudden cravings for chocolate.) I couldn’t let him do this! I also had to check out the place!

Two days later I met him there for post lunch indulgence. I spent 3 minutes staring at the menu board which offered Sundae suggestions – for single, double and triple scoops... I read it, and reread it, & reread it (the names were interesting. What did you think?).

Then my gaze moved down to the glass topped counter, to the different types of ice creams. I think 15 or 18 were there. Coffee, chocolate, kesar, black currant blabla…The yummy toppings and sauces were also displayed for us to drool at.

I ordered coffee ice cream with a chocolate fudge topping and chocolate chips. And reached out for it once it was placed on the counter… My friend said: “Wait. He has to bill it.”

So we paid and sat down to enjoy our ice creams. The ice cream had a perfect fudge shell. Fun to break it!

But the choco chips had hardened into 2 tiny logs. I got good wrist exercise, and got really irritated trying to break them with the flimsy plastic spoon. Somehow I managed to
eat it. And it was simply delicious.

And of course, I’ll surely visit the place again soon.


Watch out for Great Dessert Destinations 3!

No comments: