Me and My Amma Naana

The other day I saw a tabloid lying in my office. The masthead said “Amma Naana Times”. I blinked and looked disbelievingly, then roused myself. It was Anna Nagar Times.

I had a good laugh at myself, and told this to my colleague. She said “You and your Amma Naana!” (Obviously “neeyum un Amma Naana vum” translated into English word for word. That explains the heading of this article, which isn’t in good English.)

Amma Naana is a shop near my office. It has loads of imported biscuits and chocolates. Stuff I can keep gazing at forever. Because I love the packaging… the abundance… I don’t eat biscuits often, but I like to gaze at packages.

The habit of going to Amma Naana often started when I had to do some research for food products we worked on. The rows of biscuits, chocolates and snacks seemed to go on and on. I was mesmerized by the sight. Many books I read in my childhood had vivid descriptions of food and pantries (think Enid Blyton books). Amma Naana seemed like paradise, and I lost myself in it, diving in headfirst into an endless pool of visual treats.

Amma Naana also has its own line of bakery products. I like their chocolate bread.

The abrupt ending to my article

I don’t have anything else to say. I could probably write more. But Amma Naana didn’t inspire me today. I want something exciting to happen, and inspire me. Then you can surely expect something better. But, meanwhile, drop into Amma Naana – if you don’t go, you’re missing something interesting!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Job friend...i luvd it!!!

Freya said...

you love packaging? I like to gaze at them too when I go to hypermarkets. There are so many things that I wonder what to buy.

Niranjani Ravi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Niranjani Ravi said...

@ Ifthikar: Thanks for the comment :)

@ Freya: Same here :D... every time I want to buy a snack :D