Yummy memories

A delicious lunch I had on my perfect weekend (refer my article “The perfect weekend”) reminded me of some childhood meals.

When I was around five years old my mom used to feed me omelette, the smell of which I hated. I still remember her chasing me around the house with the omelette on a ceramic plate. Also when I was around that age, my aunt used to prepare “kozhanja” rasam and curd rice with lots of ghee. She used to call me “Paddu” – she felt I looked like the actress Padmini.

For many years, we had upma for breakfast on most Sundays. On some Sundays I would demand upma if it hadn’t been cooked. I’ve always had upma only with curd. (I know you probably think it is a strange habit.) I used to eat bread upma as well. (But on Sundays it was strictly rava upma.)

Sunday afternoons meant sojji-bajji time, with Granny, the kitchen queen. Those times are unforgettable.

When I was around 10 or 11, my mother used to buy milkshake powder which was sold at a nearby Arun ice-cream parlour during exam vacations. My cousins used to come over during vacation at time. Mom would also buy ice cream cones for us.

I also used to have Complan during many of my childhood years. I think it really worked, for I am 5’11”.

I wish I had many more food memories. I wish they’ll come. Will post them as they come. Have a good breakfast, lunch and dinner, and a great day!

1 comment:

Natarajamani said...

after reading this post i really feel that you resemble padmini due to your round face and eyes.