The perfect weekend

My 17th and 18th January 2008 were wonderful... the perfect weekend.

On the 17th, I decided to shop for birthday clothes. My birthday is in March, but the sale season was in full swing. I wanted to buy a pair of jeans from Globus (because a friend told me that they would have jeans that were long enough for me – I am 5’11”.) I also wanted to pick up tee-shirts from United Colours of Benetton – regardless of whether they had a sale or not. I wanted bright yellow, red and purple tees, and UCB is the right place.

I got incredibly lucky. Benetton had a sale, exclusively on 17th and 18th. I received an
e-mailer on it!

However, I decided to skip Globus. I went to the Benetton sale the next day. I didn’t find a purple tee, but the red and yellow ones were waiting for me. And I got 50% discount on them!

From Benetton I headed to Easy 2 Wear in Nungambakkam. They have factory seconds from international brands. Some of these brands have jeans for women that’re long enough for me. I did find a good pair – the best part was that they were Versace jeans! Whoopee! And I bought them for the price of an ordinary pair.

Then I met my friend for lunch at Eden. What an awesome time we had! He made me laugh, laugh and laugh, and we chatted for more than 2 hours.

After the lunch I headed to Mee on Cathedral Road and went to some more shops, in search of a purple tee. In the evening, I bought a cute pink and yellow striped tee in Rex Fashions.

(2 days later I went to Globus near my office, in search of a purple tee. I didn’t find one… however I picked up a nice purple executive shirt.)

The weekend continued to delight me. On Sunday we had a really special guest – my friend, who is doing his PhD in USA. He came down to get engaged to his lady love, and visited us before catching the night flight here. He spent a few hours with our family – we had a wonderful time. He hugged me a few times, and I realised that I could convey a lot more in hug than I could say in words. Many South Indians look upon hugging people, especially those of the opposite sex as a very open and excessive display of affection that is unnecessary and promotes unwanted thoughts (perhaps I have not covered their perception accurately). I think our attitudes should change. There was so much I exchanged with my friend in that embrace, that I couldn’t have expressed in words.

Since he came after nearly 1 ½ years, the hugs were even more special. If I hadn’t embraced him, I would have had the feeling that I didn’t spend quality time with him.

A beautiful weekend with a lovely ending. And the happiness is still continuing! When there are signs of it going away, I make efforts to bring it back. Happiness holds magic. When you experience real happiness you should try to keep it. I wish you great weekends!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

"I think our attitudes should change"

You said it ...!!
Yes , its time for a complete change...even i am from kerala and i cant do what i do from here at chennai...
loved ur writings...
Keep posting..
:)

Unknown said...

I mean from kerala things are different...and here i am enjoyin ma life...
:)