Random Thoughts / Polambals

≈ If I get my hair bobbed when I’m 24, why does anybody and everybody who’d like me to get a good varan become happy if my hair grows long enough to be tied in a ponytail, so that the hairstyle can be done when the payyan’s family comes? Can’t I cut my hair real short and never feel unhappy? Everyone has an opinion, but why do they want us to accept it?

≈ Looks matter very much in arranged marriages. If you see 5 photos of potential husbands / wives and are told that all five will be considered or whatever, would you judge the men / women by their appearances or not? Well… it helps me because looks do matter to me… hehehe… I am shallow that way. But then why do parents sometimes show a photo of a guy who doesn’t look great and say… “Romba nalla vaelala irukkaan. Adutha levelku eduthundu pogalaama?”… if they say this, why do they want me to see the photo? (By the way, have you noticed that all shaadi.com and bharatmatrimony.com ads (both paper and internet ads) have pictures of “beautiful” people?)

≈ Staring at women seems to be a favourite habit among men. Should they list it as a hobby in their online social network profiles? (I didn’t want to revisit this topic, but it is fun)

≈ When I come back from office after a tired day and simply want to sink into a chair and have some peace and quiet, why does someone who visits me regularly at that time ask me a ton of questions, right after asking me something similar to “Tired-a irukka”? (And then she will go on “Ippo enga veetku vandhu dosai sapdraya?” (She lives on the next street). This has been happening for days on end… so I can’t even appreciate her offer.)

≈ If I take lunch early, why does a colleague who finds me eating alone ask: “Romba Pasikradha” with an amused look? This happens often. The first time he asked “Enna… you are eating alone! I told him: “Romba Pasikradhu”. When I am terribly hungry, I don’t see why I should prolong my suffering by waiting for my colleagues. Not that I am against the “eat with your colleagues” culture.

No comments: