I introduce you to someone Advertising missed

My Maternal Grandmother has come to stay with us for a few days. A short description of her – 85 years old, fragile, lover of chocolates and ice creams (though these are rare treats), Jiddu Krishnamurthy-esque facial features (as my Dad said), stylish bob, the length of which matches my semi ‘Sai Baba bob’ curly hair (my Granny’s hair was cut when she was unwell, actually), and an extremely wacky imagination.

Her thought process is made up of children who stand at the front door and make fun of her, a group of arataiadchifying vetti guys in the hall, people looking at her and talking to her from the TV (she has asked me to switch off the TV many times because of this), a little child who walks across the hall to her, an old man – Viswanathiyer - with four sons, looking for a varan for one of his sons, and a guy who I mouth-feed (I was actually painting a pot). In between these people, my family, and accurate perceptions of her surroundings flit in and out; sometimes, she reacts instantly to my expressions and understands what exactly is on my mind.

Advertising would be an ideal field for my Granny (wink). On a serious note, she manages to create humorous moments that we enjoy as a family. Thanks for your presence at our home, Grandma. Love you lots :-).

1 comment:

thecreator said...

hey! that was f***in' awesome!
;-)