Man, what a Cookie!

How far can a cookie craving drive you? In my case, it was all the way to Citi Centre, from Cenotaph Road. All for 2 cream brandy cookies at Cookie Man (yes, I am a bit crazy). But, oh, what a marvelous treat it is!

It has delicious yellow cream sandwiched between two coconut cookies. It is one of the few things I like at Cookie Man (I also love the rum n raisin mousse and brownie J). I’m not a big fan of cookies – not even the chocolaty variety (but otherwise I’m a dyed-in-the-wool chocoholic).

I had a terrible craving for the yummy treat today and felt I probably couldn’t survive without the cookie for the next few days (I won’t be in town this weekend). I didn’t want to agonize over it later, so I decided to get kooky for my beloved cream brandy and took the 20 minute drive to the place. The woman at the counter must’ve had sixth sense and offered me an extra cookie to taste (a small reward for my efforts, but also because they do let us sample them :-P… you probably know that.) The cookie wasn’t great and I didn’t end up buying it. I felt sorry for her, and so, bought a “snowy” cookie along with my cream brandies. 

The cookies are waiting in a package, for me to sink my teeth into nirvana… I’m going mmm just thinking about them! (But only 1 cookie a day! So, the other will be consumed tomorrow. I’ll probably give off suspicious “snowy” to the husband – I am biased towards anything but the brandy cookie).

I think the best way to end this article is provide a list of sinful treats that are worth a bit of travel (but they’re best done right when you have the craving – don’t wait!):

-          Belgian Chocolate Drink with tantalizing toppings of ice cream and whipped cream at Coffee World
-          Chocolate potions and waffles at Sandy’s Chocolab
-          The apple pie and brownie at French Loaf
-          The delicious array of cakes at Carnival, Alwarpet – plus, they make birthday cakes that are simply out-of-this-world

The above is a recycled list because I’ve never bothered to go anywhere else, as these places haven’t allowed me to extend my quest beyond them. Sandy’s is the pick of the lot – I haven’t tried a lot of stuff there, but there’s something about the place that is completely addictive.

No comments: