Orange lipstick and choco cake maketh a beautiful evening :)

My public secret diary
5.10.2010

Today’s my friend’s star birthday. We planned to meet up at Sandy’s Chocolate Laboratory in RA Puram in the evening. But I left office a little early, and headed to Citi Centre – to buy that orange lipstick (Bourjois Paris) that I so desperately wanted. I got one in a “chingcha” orange colour (will apply only a thin coat to
tone it down :D). I love the colour because it is a “daring” one with a touch of seeming innocence. So, having found that lipstick, I set off to Sandy’s in a buoyant mood.

We had Tiny Chocolate Cake (proportion is inverse – the slices are huge) and Tiramisu (disappointing!!). The cake comes with a layer of sinful chocolate syrup on top (which I’ve imagined swirling around in my mouth, each time I’ve been vetti and hungry). I’ve really become addicted to this cake lately. We conversed less and ate more. But it was a reflection of the bonds of friendship cemented by food and chocolate :D.

Later, I went to my library, which was nearby. I ran into one of my favourite aunties there. It is really nice when these sort of run-ins happen. We chatted for a few minutes and she told the librarian that I was her husband’s friend’s daughter. I hoped that she was a regular customer and seeing that I was one of her favourite girls, he’d not charge me a fine when I returned books late in the future :P (My mind works like that! A wacky, wavering thing with a will of its own.). But still, he told me that one of the books must be returned in a week to 10 days because it was a new one. :(

Then I left for home and reached it in an amazing 25 minutes! My Mom had yummy paruppu subzi waiting for me. Ate a very satisfactory meal of paruppu rice with coconut podi and kurkure (but just one saadham – a good habit; am patting myself on the back).

Then I started reading the book (It’s about a South Indian girl and her Mom’s maaplai quest :D). It was very interesting and promised to make me read it one or two hours every night and return it on time (great way to end the day!).
So there’s the first entry of my “Public Secret Diary”. I hope to be a good girl and put a diary entry on my blog every day.

2 comments:

Alin said...

orange lipstick :)
only sounds daring, its one of those colours that actually suits most skin tones :)

whch is this book btw?

Niranjani Ravi said...

The book's called "Keep the change"
ANd I recommend another book called "Girls' night in" - has short stories - nice insights, worth a read (not sugary chick lit).

About the orange lipstick - I wore it to office the next day! hehe.. was pretty bright n I realised I applied a lot. still, I didn't care ,, (n it is matte - stays for hours)
But if I applied lightly, it looks nice.
It depends on the shade.. if it is subdued dark orange, it's ok for wearing everyday