The French Loaf delivers the good(ie)s. Admirably!

Each day I would pass The French Loaf bakery near my house, thinking it would probably be too expensive. I buy some snack every other day and had thought that this place wouldn’t be economical for that habit (I spend a lot – but not without guilt keeping me away from some expenses :-D).


Yesterday I was loitering around that area, visiting a couple of shops but not finding what I needed. I decided to check out French Loaf, propelled by the desire to simply buy something I liked that evening :-P.

I scanned the goodies on display and my stomach made quick decisions. The prices were surprisingly affordable for a classy place. I chose a brownie, paneer puff and an apple pie (single serving size, for the day after – it was too pretty to resist).


I enjoyed the brownie in layers. It was topped with chocolate – yum yum. Then as I took a bigger bite, chunky walnut pieces delighted my taste buds – big enough to yield complete joy and satisfaction. And it was priced at just Rs. 33! It was a golden discovery for me, after trying average and downright sad ones at that price. Note this – many bakeries make yummy cakes but are best judged on the basis of their brownies.


The paneer puff was awesome. The filling was perfect, so was the crusty part. It wasn’t annoyingly flaky or buttery. Worth every bit of its 15 bucks (yeah, you read the price right!) All their puffs, rolls and croissants are priced in the range of Rs. 15-35. And each would probably be just as yummy.


Coming to the apple pie, I had it for breakfast today – because I couldn’t keep it around for long and no one would share it with me. I am not a big fan of fruits, but this one was nice with a satisfyingly thick crust that didn’t have toothache inducing hardness that I worried it might have (also, I haven’t really tried pies before). The apple pie comes at around 40 bucks.


I have lots more to try – croissants, pizza slices (yeah, they had some inviting looking stuff – but only one variety and they don’t sell whole pizzas), vegetable rolls, cakes. But the sweetness of the apple pie hasn’t left my mouth. And I can’t spoil myself with these every other day. I’ll probably wait a week before indulging again.


I hope I got you very hungry. Run to the nearest branch of The French Loaf, try some of their goodies and share your comments right here! Happy eating :-).

2 comments:

Nithya said...

Niruuu u know wht.. there is "French loaf" just 5 mins walk from my home.. I always keep staring at the the place like a small kid when I pass tht road.. n then the adult in me saying it will be damn expensive u cannot spend so much on ur lavish needs ehheh.. But after reading ur blog I am sure to hit this place probably today itself heheh. Ur description of the walnut brownie is making this die hard chocoholic go crazy.... I think for the time being I will manage with a brownie from ccd hehehe....

Niranjani Ravi said...

ok.. thanks for that comment. try out every single thing there! :-) I could see from that FB post on jalebis that ur a dessert-oholic :-D.. n yeah. Follow my blog!!! Add urself in the list of followers!

ps: CCD brownies are boring, boring, boring..