Of Coffee and Muckee

Everyday I drink 4 cups of a brown fluid that has a coffee flavour but is hardly related to filter coffee and Bru. Let me call it muckee, which my system sometimes finds intolerably yucky. (Now if McDonald’s came up with something like Muckee customers would call it McKee – but of course they won’t.) If the coffee is not fit for even the lowest of beings, I ignore it. But 99% of the time it goes into my stimulation-craving system. Our Chaya Cheta’s coffee at least has the essential quality.

I want to reveal a shocking truth – the only brown fluid I drink these days is muckee. Shame on me. I don’t take coffee at home in the mornings, or in the evenings. I ignore my mother’s coffee. The only time I tasted good coffee recently was when I went to a client’s office. The coffee provided a few blissful moments of relief during the tension-filled meeting.

The other day a couple of my colleagues were saying they were going to boycott the Chaya Cheta. They drink only tea, but of course I assumed the tea was really bad. Only later I found they were boycotting after the guy started coming late.

By drinking muckee I am bringing disgrace to myself. But what do I do? I get nothing else free of cost during work hours. (Beyond the fact that it keeps me going through the day – in some way. In spite of the taste.) And don’t we all like free food and drink?

No comments: