Last week I bought Aquashine lipstick in Scarlet, after a lot of deliberation. And I love it. I think it makes me look hot (of course, the clothes have to be right, and also the face should be devoid of other heavy makeup).

I remember when I was in college, I wore bright red nail polish, and one of my classmates, a “proper” “girly” girl, looked at my nails, and kept exclaiming to her friends: “Look at her nail polish!” In contrast, a stylish girl in my class went home and tried the colour.

Another time, I went to a party organised by my parents’ friends. A girl I know was wearing a black top and a red skirt, and looking very pretty. But I noticed she went for dark brown lipstick. I bet she wasn’t wearing red because she thought it would look over-the-top or too sexy.

A couple of years back, my cousin bought me bright red lipstick from Mauritius. Pinkish-red! I don’t know how on earth she expected me to wear it. But I managed to put it to good use. A few months later I got a haircut, and my cousin in US wanted to see the new style. I sent her pictures of me looking like a vampire, with 2 coats of the red lipstick on my lips, and heavily kohl-ed eyes.

Ok I’ll jump to the present…
I plan to wear the red lipstick for weddings (probably every wedding, if it goes with my outfit – I won’t care when people gape at me), parties (family parties included) and fun evenings (and hot dates if I find Mr. Right). And I will love it, forever. Hail red lipstick!

1 comment:

Poorna said...

Hi dear! didn't i tell u that i am not able to see the lipstick how much ever i rotate it? u know what? I was actually rotating it with the caps on he...he......he:)