12.6.08

My life in painstaking detail. Because there are so many little things that’ll make you laugh or ponder, years after they happen.

An occasional side effect of my single status is what I call the ‘no-boyfriend’ syndrome. When it affects me, I whine (just noises) to the colleague next to me. This helps me get rid of my woes. Thankfully, it doesn’t look like they’ve been transferred to him. At other times I just listen to music, often ACDC which clouds my head with euphoria (don’t ask why) and helps me work better too (music accelerates creative output).


Today I was unexpectedly afflicted by the ‘no-boyfriend’ syndrome. It hadn’t anticipated its arrival in the near future, as I had just been on an awesome sightseeing trip to Kolkata, and was still in a happy mood.


I did a bit of whining, and then decided to tackle the syndrome differently. When she doesn’t have a guy, where does a girl turn to drown her temporary sorrow? Chocolate, of course (mild exaggeration)! (Women seem to get turned on by chocolate. Seriously!)
So, without giving a damn for my weight, I headed to the Carnival cake shop near office with a colleague. I picked a piece of cake that seemed to be dripping with chocolate, devoured it speedily and, guided by my taste buds, followed it with Pav Bhaji. Yum yum…


That was a perfect solution to my woes, and a great meal. I also consoled myself with the thought that if I find a boyfriend and face plenty of problems in the relationship, I might end up learning how wonderful singledom is, the hard way.


No comments: