Me, Myself and Food

I was doing some boring work today that was really driving me crazy; as a result I let my imagination run miles and gradually crazy scenarios in my head gave way to thoughts of food. I guess that happens every time you sit down to think about nothing. All this resulted in the temptation to write a blog article on food. I hope to entertain you with an account of stuff I like on my plate, food quirks and other random thoughts about food.

1. There is a restaurant called New Yorker where I like to eat till I become drowsy (doesn’t mean I eat a lot in one sitting. Some of their dishes make me drowsy).

Once I get sleepy, I get very happy and decide to have fun by balling up tissues and arranging it in my ice cream cup or sticking toothpicks into the mouth freshener. It takes me close to drunkenness.

2. I scaled the heights of weirdness by adding tomato sauce to sweet lime juice I’d ordered without ice. (I had severe cold. And sweet lime juice is so unbelievably tasteless without ice that anything and I mean anything, would improve its taste.)

3. I love conepapdi (err.. the sonpapdi sold in pushcarts). When I spot a sonpapdi pushcart I completely abandon my maturity and run eagerly for a coneful.

4. There’s a Mc Donald’s just 5 minutes away from my house. When they opened, I thought that was pretty cool. Eagerly got a burger. However, it turned out to be beautiful outside but bland inside, like one of those dumb blondes in jokes (and only jokes! Am shaking my finger at the people who crack them.) I prefer Burger Man burgers any day (from kutti stands outside supermarkets. They cook it in 4 ways – Mexican, BBQ blabla). They don’t look gorgeous but are totally yummy.

5. I don’t like fine dining – rotis, naans, waiting long for your food… :-D. I prefer oily fried rice from a wannabe dhaba in Velachery.

6. I don’t like eating at the dining table at home (like many of us), because, I swear, I think my appetite takes flight.

7. Rainbow cookies rock! They have broken coloured candies inside them. I had them in Dubai. But I can’t find them here, even in Amma Naana!

8. No man can match up to a choco-walnut brownie with vanilla ice cream.

2 comments:

Ramjee said...

I liked read your posts...
Would appreciate if an e-mail update could be had for the new posts of yours... :)

BTW, try Vanilla Ice-cream float with a sprinkle of nescafe or bru instant coffee powder... :) Am drooling...!

Niranjani Ravi said...

Thank you.. have heard about you from Amalan.

Will definitely let you know I write new posts :-)